Ski Instructor Job Description
Part Time Instructor position with ISIA Training Program 2018/19 – Switzerland
Diamonds Training Centre in Zermatt, is looking for Ski Instructors of Level 2 (CSIA, BASI, APSI, NZSIA, IASI or equivalent) to join our team on our programme towards the ISIA status.
If you are looking for season to expand your horizons, here it is. For those thinking out of the box, not willing to be just a number and do what everyone else is doing.
Explore the oportunities that Europe can give, through our network in the ski industry. Through our Training Centre you can work towards your next level qualification, while being able to work for one or more schools, either in Zermatt where we are based, or in other resorts in Europe.
The role involves:
– work opportunities during peak weeks, with one (or more) of our partner ski schools across Switzerland and the Alps
– travel opportunities across the Alps
– comprehensive training program towards the ISIA status (based in Zermatt)
– active aid in building network and Europe’s ski industry insight
– mentoring and aid in converting into european qualifications (if required)
– You enjoy a people-facing role, skiing and making the difference to a client’s holiday from good to great.
– You value professionalism, courtesy, and punctuality. You have a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude. Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills required. Strong team player.
– Language ability: fluent second language highly regarded.
– You have Level 2 qualification, preferably 1 year experience of snowsport instruction and up to date and current First Aid qualification is required.
– You are looking to develop your current ski instructor skills to work towards the next level of qualifications.
– Teaching skiing in a fun and safe manner to clients of all backgrounds, and all ages
Enabling clients achieve their goals
– Ensuring you assist all clients and guests around the village in a friendly, informative and courteous manner
– Availability to work up to 7 days a week in the peak weeks, with occasional evening and weekend work
Along with the work opportunites here above, we provide a complete ISIA training program.
The training runs in Zermatt with Diamonds Training Centre throughout the winter season, from December to April.
The aim of the program is to help instructors achieving their next level qualification in the most efficient way possible. Going above and beyond the work on snow, we aim to help you creating a network of relationships in the industry that can launch your career.
The training gathers a team of coaches with a broad experience in the areas of the ski teaching, coaching and business management. Together we have created a package that is different from anything else you find.
– Over 200 hours of training (December until April)
– Small training team
– ISIA Tech and Teach-specific training including periodic video analysis sessions and ski service demonstration
– Off-piste and mountain safety training with specialised coaches/guides
– Second discipline training
– Race training in a dedicated week with World Cup race coach & Freestyle sessions
– Professionally-run languages lessons
– Fitness training sessions with a qualified Strength and Conditioning Coach
– Lectures on Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning training programs, Customer Care and Communication Techniques
For more information on this course visit the dedicated web page.
Benefits of a season with us:
Two seasons in one, calling home two resorts instead of a single one
Great work and training opportunities all in the same winter
Professional help in structuring your exam’s calendar and future working commitments
Long season skiing and snowboarding (December until April) with granted snow in Zermatt
Pro-deals on equipment
Pre-season fitness training programmes
After season assistance with CVs and references
Pastoral care; assistance in finding additional part time work and in finding accommodation
Get in touch
If this sounds like the right place for you, we would love to hear from you.
Get in touch directly with us at firstname.lastname@example.org